Re: Let's talk about booth and goodies

From: Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Jean-Paul Argudo <jean-paul(at)postgresqlfr(dot)org>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Let's talk about booth and goodies
Date: 2012-08-28 17:25:00
Lists: pgeu-general
On 28 August 2012 09:31, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> - It gives people a reason to stop at the booth, and start
> conversations with us about PostgreSQL. That may happen with just a
> few pens and stickers on the table, but larger items also attract many
> people.
>
> - People that purchase mugs and shirts will wear/use them. Things that
> get given away often end up in the trash. If they wear our shirts and
> use our mugs, their friends and colleagues will see them and become
> familiar with our brand. They may talk about PostgreSQL as a result of
> seeing an interesting mug design, which can lead to more people trying
> out PostgreSQL. Word of mouth is a very powerful form of advertising.

Yeah. You have to bear in mind what it actually looks like when we're
standing around our booth, talking amongst ourselves. That could
appear to be a little bit intimidating to an outsider. Purchasing an
item could be used by some as an ice-breaker.

--
Peter Geoghegan       http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/