Re: CF 2013-09 Wrap Up

From: Mike Blackwell <maiku41(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CF 2013-09 Wrap Up
Date: 2013-10-15 15:16:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:39 AM, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 01:56:42PM -0500, Mike Blackwell wrote:> Any
> patches marked Needs Review will be automatically moved to the next CF.
> > We will try to make sure that all patches in the current CF have
> received
> > at least one review.
>
> The combined effect of those two statements is not clear to me. Does that
> mean you'll retain never-reviewed patches and automatically move patches
> that
> have received at least one review?

Yes on the latter part. We will try to get a quick review for
not-yet-reviewed patches and move or return them based on the result of
that review. If we fail to find a reviewer, the patches will get moved to
the next CF.

For those following along, here are the patches still needing a first look.
They are for the most part performance or internals patches and could use
the eye of someone more experienced. Please consider a quick review of one
of them if you fit that description. We'd like everyone to get a fair
shake here. ^_^

HStore Gin Speedup<https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1203>
Performance Improvement by reducing WAL for Update
Operation<https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1209>
[PoC] pgstattuple2: block sampling to reduce physical
read<https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1226>
ECPG cursor readahead<https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1195>