Changing tuning parameters with EXPLAIN

From: Antonio Carlos Salzvedel Furtado Junior <acsfj08(at)inf(dot)ufpr(dot)br>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Changing tuning parameters with EXPLAIN
Date: 2012-06-04 20:49:45
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hello PostgreSQL users,

I've been working with the estimated cost from EXPLAIN. I was wondering if
I could change the tuning parameters, to produce new estimated costs,
without interfering with the database workload. Is it possible?

I'm changing these parameters by executing SQL queries ("SET"). The problem
is that once I change these parameters, the query optimizer will start
using these values to build their query plans.

Antonio Carlos Furtado

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Jeff DavisDate: 2012-06-04 21:01:08