Re: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports

From: Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dan Ports <drkp(at)csail(dot)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Update on documentation builds on OSX w/ macports
Date: 2011-10-25 23:29:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Oct20, 2011, at 05:07 , Dan Ports wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 02:02:09AM +0200, Florian Pflug wrote:
>> I've patched the ports for openjade, iso8879 and docbook-dsssl,
>> and added a new port for docbook-sgml-4.2. These patches are sitting
>> in the macports trac now, waiting to be applied.
>
> I'll try to take a look at them in the next couple days (with my
> MacPorts hat on), unless someone beats me to it.

And an effective hat that was! Thanks for cleaning up and applying
all of those patches, Dan!

Should someone want to try this out, beware that clang (at least
the version shipped with XCode 4.2) doesn't like openjade. Also,
universal builds of openjade seem to be broken. On my machine, I
thus need to say

  port install openjade -universal configure.compiler=llvm-gcc-4.2

instead of just

  port install openjade

I've submitted a patch for that, so hopefully that problem too will
go away in the near future.

Anyway, after having installed openjade, a simple

  port install docbook-sgml-4.2

should be enough to make our documentation build work.

best regards,
Florian Pflug