hstore: add hstore_length function

From: Korbin Hoffman <k1(at)k1(dot)io>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hstore: add hstore_length function
Date: 2016-06-03 10:58:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi there-

I've attached a small patch exposing HS_COUNT to the user as
"hstore_length(hstore)". Documentation, upgrade sql files, and a few
tests are also included.

Almost every hstore function calls HS_COUNT, but I couldn't determine
if there was a reason this exposure didn't already exist.

Without this function, I've been converting an hstore into an array
and then counting it - a more expensive operation (~30-40% slower than
SELECTing the hstore itself in a few of my tests).

I will add this thread and patch to the next Commitfest.

Thanks,
Korbin Hoffman

Attachment Content-Type Size
hstore_length-v1.patch application/octet-stream 32.9 KB