Re: [v9.2] LEAKPROOF attribute of FUNCTION (Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem)

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Kohei(dot)Kaigai(at)emea(dot)nec(dot)com, thom(at)linux(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [v9.2] LEAKPROOF attribute of FUNCTION (Re: [v9.2] Fix Leaky View Problem)
Date: 2012-02-15 11:14:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The attached patch is additional regression tests of ALTER FUNCTION with
LEAKPROOF based on your patch.
It also moves create_function_3 into the group with create_aggregate and so on.

Thanks,

2012/2/14 Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>:
> 2012/2/14 Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>:
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
>>> I could not find out where is the origin of grammer conflicts, although
>>> it does not conflict with any options within ALTER FUNCTION.
>>>
>>> Do you think the idea of ALTER ... NOT LEAKPROOF should be
>>> integrated within v9.2 timeline also?
>>
>> Yes.  Did you notice that I attached a patch to make that work?  I'll
>> commit that today or tomorrow unless someone comes up with a better
>> solution.
>>
> Yes. I'll be available to work on the feature based on this patch.
> It was a headache of mine to implement alter statement to add/remove
> leakproof attribute.

>>> Not yet. This test does not have dependency with other tests,
>>> so, I'm optimistic to run create_function_3 concurrently.
>>
>> Me, too.
>>
> I tried to move create_function_3 into the group of create_view and
> create_index, then it works correctly.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-v9.2-alter-function-leakproof-regtest.patch application/octet-stream 4.8 KB