Re: User-Id Tracking when Portal was started

From: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Subject: Re: User-Id Tracking when Portal was started
Date: 2012-07-03 16:46:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> writes:
>> 2012/7/3 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>:
>>> Um... what should happen if there was a SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION
>>> to the portal's userId?  This test will think nothing happened.
>
>> In my test, all the jobs by SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION was cleaned-up...
>> It makes nothing happen from viewpoint of users.
>
> My point is that it seems like a bug that the secContext gets restored
> in one case and not the other, depending on which user ID was specified
> in SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION.

Sorry, the above description mention about a case when it does not use
the marker to distinguish a case to switch user-id from a case not to switch.
(I though I was asked the behavior if this logic always switches /
restores ids.)

The patch itself works correctly, no regression test failed even though
several tests switches user-id using SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION.

Thanks,