Re: BUG #7546: Backups on hot standby cancelled despite hot_standby_feedback=on

From: Stuart Bishop <stuart(at)stuartbishop(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #7546: Backups on hot standby cancelled despite hot_standby_feedback=on
Date: 2012-09-25 13:50:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Yesterday's dump failed with a new error. pg_stat_replication tells me
replication has been connected for nearly a month, so no network
issues. I've confirmed hot_standby_feedback is still set to 'on':

ERROR:  canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL:  User query might have needed to see row versions that must be removed.

As before, the only error I've been able to reproduce in isolation is
the buffer pin error I originally reported.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart(at)stuartbishop(dot)net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/