Re: Cuba needs swag

From: Santiago Zarate <santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cuba needs swag
Date: 2011-11-30 06:56:11
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Josh, do you know if anyone managed to help with this?... if not, an ex
workmate, who happens to be cuban, told me that the way coould be through
the embassy of cuba in X country... They have one in Panama, so i will have
a look when i go back to panama (at venezuela atm...)

The way is: To have someone (its better if its an organization, or
something like that) who can pick the package, the sender would have to
explain to the cuban embassy that its a donation to the named organization,
and the purpose is to help to spread the use of open source software and
so...

From what my friend toldme sounds easier said than done, but is not an
impossible thing to do...

So again, if noone has helped with this already, i can give a hand...

Have fun :)

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 5:19 PM, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Postgres Cuba would like to have some swag (shirts, flyers, etc.) for
> their next event. Our normal way of helping with this would be through
> SPI, but as a US entity, I cannot pay for nor ship anything to Cuba
> using SPI money (or, for that matter, ship stuff to Cuba from the USA,
> period).
>
> Can anyone from another region help out? I'd really like to help
> PostgreSQL Cuba do well and have a good event.
>
> --
> Josh Berkus
> PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
> http://pgexperts.com
>
> --

Atentamente
Santiago Zarate
Consultoria de Software
+(507) 64271684
BB PIN: 23929BFE
santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve

«Dar un nuevo paso, articular una nueva palabra, es lo que la gente mas
teme.»
- Fyodor Mikhaylovich Dostoyevsky