Why doesn't psql use the information schema to get ACL description ?

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Why doesn't psql use the information schema to get ACL description ?
Date: 2011-08-23 16:48:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Recently a bug was reported on the JDBC list regarding table
privileges. It turns out that we have not been parsing the ACL tables
correctly. This is partially due to having to track the catalogs
through each version. So this breaks down into two questions

1) is it possible to get all of the ACL data from the information_schema ?
2) If so why doesn't psql use these tables ?

Ultimately my ulterior motive is to make sure the information schema
is actually useful and ensure that it maintains that status.

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca