Re: Teaching pg_receivexlog to follow timeline switches

From: Phil Sorber <phil(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Teaching pg_receivexlog to follow timeline switches
Date: 2013-01-18 04:38:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
<hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> wrote:
> Now that a standby server can follow timeline switches through streaming
> replication, we should do teach pg_receivexlog to do the same. Patch
> attached.

Is it possible to re-use walreceiver code from the backend?

I was thinking that it would actually be very useful to have the whole
replication functionality modularized and in a standalone binary that
could act as a replication proxy and WAL archiver that could run
without all the overhead of an entire PG instance.