Re: Update blocking a select count(*)?

From: Benedict Holland <benedict(dot)m(dot)holland(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update blocking a select count(*)?
Date: 2012-06-15 20:29:02
Lists: pgsql-performance

I ran the scripts on the page and both returned empty (though I have
queries running and currently nothing blocks). I don't know what they
should have been. The output was from PgAdmin3 which is a UI for postgres.
I assume that they get this queried information from something inside of
postgres as I can't imagine the query tool doing something other than
querying the database for specs. I think it looks at the PID. This very
well might be a PgAdmin issue and have nothing to do with postgres.

~Ben

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov