Re: ZPsycopgDA Isolation Levels Bug

From: Lex Berezhny <eukreign(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ZPsycopgDA Isolation Levels Bug
Date: 2011-08-09 18:16:39
Lists: psycopg
Hi,

We have a pretty large Zope application that completely stopped
working (no transactions were being commited) after upgrading from
psycopg 2.4.1 to 2.4.2.

When I create the ZPsycopgDA adapter in the ZMI using Autocommit (via
the patch I submitted) as the Isolation Level it starts working again.

I think it would be useful to have all of the available isolation
levels in the drop down since they are all described in the API.

In our case, our application doesn't work at all without Autocommit.
ZSQL methods never commit. Even when using the database adapter "Test"
tab to run ad hoc queries all of them rollback.

I have added my change to github but couldn't figure out how to
generate a pull request so here is a link to the commit, let me know
if you need anything else from me:

https://github.com/eukreign/psycopg2/commit/fde7d5e019fbe119bb696ee7c7dafc12569a02f4

Right now, Autocommit is the default option when adding the database
adapater (because it's the first one in the API as well). If you would
rather have something else I can change it and resubmit.

Thanks a lot,

 Lex