Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage

From: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Marc Mamin <M(dot)Mamin(at)intershop(dot)de>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com
Subject: Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage
Date: 2012-01-23 11:17:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM, Marc Mamin <M(dot)Mamin(at)intershop(dot)de> wrote:

>> > c. Refine error handling of dblink.c. I think it preserves the
>> >    previous behavior for column number mismatch and type
>> >    conversion exception.
> Hello,
> I don't know if this cover following issue.
> I just mention it for the case you didn't notice it and would like to
> handle this rather cosmetic issue as well.

It is not relevant to this thread, but seems good idea to implement indeed.
It should be simple matter of creating handler that uses dblink_res_error()
to report the notice.

Perhaps you could create and submit the patch by yourself?

For reference, here it the full flow in PL/Proxy:

1) PQsetNoticeReceiver:
2) handle_notice:
3) plproxy_remote_error: