Regarding Copy in postgresql

From: sreeaurovindh viswanathan <sreeaurovindh(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding Copy in postgresql
Date: 2012-03-22 04:26:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
I have a text file which has about 140 million records spaced by tab.I
am trying it to read and put it into database.I have used Copy to do
it.For the delimiter i tried with \t but it did not work.Hence i
copied the tab space and pasted it in copy command and then it
executed.Does the copy command read the file sequentially.Atleast from
the ordering that i got it doesn't seem so.. If that is the case how
is the orderering of read..

Thanks
Sree aurovindh V

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Daniel StaalDate: 2012-03-22 05:20:40