create schedule job

From: Karuna Karpe <karuna(dot)karpe(at)os3infotech(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: create schedule job
Date: 2011-08-30 13:29:32
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am create one job using pgAgent in postgres studio.  In that job i want to
backup whole database every day.  But when i check the backup location, then
there is no any backup file created. I create on script and I give this
script location in the definition tab of step window.  My script is
following :

#!/bin/bash
#backup directory can be file server share that the PgAgent daemon account
has access to
BACKUPDIR="/opt/dailybackup"
PGHOST="localhost"
PGUSER="enterprisedb"
PGBIN="/opt/PostgresPlus/9.0AS/bin"
thedate=$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H)
themonth=$(date +%Y-%m)

#Create a full backup of the server database
$PGBIN/pg_dumpall -h $PGHOST -U $PGUSER | gzip >
$BACKUPDIR/fullbackup-$themonth.sql.gz

#put the names of the database you want to create an individual backup below
dbs=(edb bench_replication bench_parallel pgpool)

#iterate thru dbs in dbs array and backup each one
for db  in ${dbs[(at)]}
do
        $PGBIN/pg_dump -i -h $PGHOST -U $PGUSER -F c -b -v -f
$BACKUPDIR/$db-$thedate.compressed $db
done

But this is not create backup file.

So please give a solution for that.

Regards,
karuna karpe.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Achilleas MantziosDate: 2011-08-30 13:38:46