Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA

From: Ilya Kosmodemiansky <hydrobiont(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Munro <munro(at)ip9(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SKIP LOCKED DATA
Date: 2012-01-16 08:06:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That is quite useful feature to implement smth. like message queues
based on database and so on.
Now there is possibility to jump over luck of such feature in Postgres
using current advisory lock implementation (pg_try_advisory_xact_lock
to determine if somebody already acquired log on particular row).
So Im not sure this is an urgent matter.

Best regards,
Ilya