Re: MSAccess to postgres on Windows Currency type problem

From: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: albert <skarbat(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MSAccess to postgres on Windows Currency type problem
Date: 2011-09-12 01:26:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 5:37 PM, albert <skarbat(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> The problem is how can I get MSAccess translate that column type properly?
> Why would I need to change that manually? I have a bunch of columns of such
> type.
> The process just stops half way through there's no way I can export that
> table.
>
> Additionally, I have tried to change that column type from within access to
> all numeric variants, even to text type,
> prior to exporting it. Access stops half way through complaining about "not
> enough memory", which doesn't make sense.
> The table has over 620.000 rows.

Have you considered using a ETL such as Kettle. It can read access
files just fine and can make any data-type translations you need.

I'll need to wait until monday before I can take a look at the ODBC
drive for Postgresql to see if it has any parameters that may be of
help.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.