Re: non-trivial finalize() on AbstractJdbc2Statement

From: Віталій Тимчишин <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Imran <imranbohoran(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: non-trivial finalize() on AbstractJdbc2Statement
Date: 2012-02-15 20:38:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

2012/2/15 Imran <imranbohoran(at)gmail(dot)com>

> So I've tried to run jstack over five times and it kept in saying it can't
> walk over the threads. We have a fair amount of background processes
> running, not sure if that made jstack fail. I've read that its possible to
> hit the error on jstack. My thread dumps from jvisualvm doesn't show the
> priority of any threads.

I have visualvm 1.3. I can select application in the list -> popup menu
with RMB -> thread dump. Another option is to click Thread Dump button in
Threads tab of application open. This should open new tab with textual
thread dump, pretty similar to jstack one.

> Also the only thing the tread dumps have shown to me is that its waiting
> on RefernceQueue.remove, which holds the Finalizer objects that gets
> created due to finalize methods.

This means that ReferenceQueue is empty. If you wish to dig deeper you need
to check same thing with unpatched driver.
Another option is to load OOM heap dump with visual vm, then click "Show
threads" in the Summary, then check for Finalizer thread. If it could not
keep up, you should see exact object that caused problems.
--
Best regards,
Vitalii Tymchyshyn