Re: TABLE tab completion

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TABLE tab completion
Date: 2011-09-26 08:37:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 15:06, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On 24 September 2011 11:59, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> TABLE tab completion in psql only completes to tables, not views. but
>> the TABLE command works fine for both tables and views (and also
>> sequences).
>>
>> Seems we should just complete it to relations and not tables - or can
>> anyone see a particular reason why we shouldn't?
>>

> Doesn't that mean that "DROP TABLE <tab>" would offer up views as well
> as tables, which would be incorrect?

Meh - you are correct, of course. I guess that's why we have code review :-)

So - not a oneliner, but how about something like this?

(Happy to have someone point out a neater way of doing it, not
entirely fluent in how we do the tab completion..)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size