Re: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>, Selena Deckelmann <selena(at)chesnok(dot)com>
Subject: Re: postgresopen.org redirects to postgresql.org home page
Date: 2012-01-27 08:52:45
Lists: pgsql-www
On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 09:08, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> Is that intentional?  Was it perhaps messed up when the new web site
> infrastructure was put in place?

postgresopen.org has never been part of the community infrastructure -
new *or* old. So it has no relation to that.

I don't think it's intentional, but I don't know for sure since I'm
not part of the postgres open team (hopefully others are listening in
here? ccing this directly to Gavin and Selena in case they don't). It
worked and showed the postgres open site last week, iirc, when I went
there to look something up.

I notice it's hosted by dreamhost. If it's not intentional, it might
be related to the security issues they had a short while ago where
they ended resetting a lot of passwords and such - perhaps someone
managed to flip the wrong switch when recovering from that?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/