Re: Weird git messages

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Weird git messages
Date: 2011-08-12 11:51:04
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 22:08, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When pushing my last commit, I got some weird messages:
>
> [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> Counting objects: 37, done.
> Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
> Compressing objects: 100% (19/19), done.
> Writing objects: 100% (19/19), 3.58 KiB, done.
> Total 19 (delta 18), reused 0 (delta 0)
> Auto packing the repository for optimum performance.
> fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Remo
> error: error in sideband demultiplexer
> To ssh://git(at)git(dot)postgresql(dot)org/pgadmin3.git
>   f75720d..43693e1  master -> master
> error: failed to push some refs to
> 'ssh://git(at)git(dot)postgresql(dot)org/pgadmin3.git'
>
> If I try another git push, it seems good:
>
> [master!git.pgadmin3]$ git push
> Everything up-to-date
>
> Not sure what happened here. I'm downloading the repo in another
> directory to check if everything is fine. Feels weird though. Have
> anyone seen these messages before?

No.

AFAICT, the problem is that the repacking done on the server for some
reason sends "remo" instead of hex data. remo probably being the
beginning of "remote" or something like that.

I googled around a bit on it, and from what I can tell it's harmless -
the operation went fine, the only problem was telling the client about
it...

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/