Re: pgfoundry down

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgfoundry down
Date: 2011-07-11 09:51:16
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 11:47, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> On 30 May 2011 22:08, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 22:24, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
>>> Very funny, but we still need it for a bit.
>>>
>>> No seriously, it appears to be down right now.
>>
>> All services hosted with hub.org was down all day today (european
>> time). Haven't heard why yet, but it seems they are slowly coming back
>> online - we had no mailinglists for most of the day, but that seems to
>> be back now (even though at least one of the mailservers used are
>> still unavailable). pgfoundry and a bunch of other services are still
>> down - seems to be everything hosted in Panama at the moment.
>>
>> I expect Marc is working on getting service back up, and we just have
>> to stand by for him to finish it.
>
> It's down again.  DNS issue.

Yes, it's again all of hub.org that's down, and pgfoundry.org runs off
the hub.org DNS servers, not the postgresql.org ones.

(Not that it would really help to run off the postgresql.org ones,
because while DNS would work, the machine itself is also offline..)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/