Re: SSL information view

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL information view
Date: 2014-11-19 12:36:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:04 AM, Michael Paquier
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Right now it just truncates the dn at NAMEDATALEN - so treating it the
>> same as we do with hostnames. My guess is this is not a big problem
>> because in the case of long DNs, most of the time the important stuff
>> is at the beginning anyway... (And it's not like it's actually used
>> for authentication, in which case it would of course be a problem).
>
> You should add it to the next CF for proper tracking, there are already many
> patches in the queue waiting for reviews :)

Absolutely - I just wanted those that were already involved in the
thread to get a chance to look at it early :) didn't want to submit it
until it was complete.

Which it is now - attached is a new version that includes docs.

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size