Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 download for RHEL6

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: saimounika(dot)jagu(at)wipro(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 download for RHEL6
Date: 2012-06-05 09:56:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 10:44 AM, <saimounika(dot)jagu(at)wipro(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>

> I have been searching for PostgreSQL 8.4+ version installable for RHEL6 – 64
> bit.
>
> I worked with PostgreSQL8.3 installable earlier and did installation using
> postgresql-8.3.7-1-linux-x64.bin file.
>
> Now I am trying for the same format installer for 8.4
>
> But I am not able to find it anywhere. And moreover, the links for
> installable downloads seems confusing me a lot.
>

> Could someone please provide me direct link for downloading 8.4 installable
> for Linux-x64 in .bin format?

Why do you require a .bin format? The recommended way to install on
Redhat platforms is using the RPMs from http://yum.postgresql.org/.

That said, the oneclick installers seem to be linked from
http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/#oneclick to me - just click
the right version.

--
 Magnus Hagander