Re: Parallel query execution

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel query execution
Date: 2013-01-16 11:52:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

>> > It is for 9.4 and will take months.  I didn't think there was a better
>> > time.  We don't usually discuss features during beta testing.
>> Bruce, there are many, many patches on the queue. How will we ever get
>> to beta testing if we begin open ended discussions on next release?
>> If we can't finish what we've started for 9.3, why talk about 9.4?
>> Yes, its a great topic for discussion, but there are better times.
> Like when?  I don't remember a policy of not discussing things now.
> Does anyone else remember this?  Are you saying feature discussion is
> only between commit-fests?  Is this written down anywhere?  I only
> remember beta-time as a time not to discuss features.

We kind of do - when in a CF we should do reviewing of existing
patches, when outside a CF we should do discussions and work on new
features. It's on It
doesn't specifically say do this and don't do htat, but it says focus
on review and discussing things that will happen that far ahead is
definitely not focusing on review.

 Magnus Hagander