Re: pgsql: Typo fix.

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Haas <rhaas(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Typo fix.
Date: 2012-01-13 14:26:33
Lists: pgsql-committers
On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 15:03, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>> Hmm, how strange. I fixed that bug immediately before commit, so must
>>> have skipped a step while committing.
>> If you modify a file after git-adding it, you have to re-add it before
>> committing. Possible cause?
> No, dumber than that.
> I compiled a new version, just skipped the bit where I updated the new
> patch version, so the old one just got applied.
> I keep separate dev and write repositories and use patches to move
> between them. Which gives me less chance of committing dev code
> accidentally (like I just did). Is there a better way?

Just FWIW, I use a separate development repository as well. But I have
it added as a remote from the "commit repository", and thus just do a
"git merge --squash" instead of manually moving them with "patch".

But I am very much a fan of keeping the repos separate for just that
reason - don't want to accidentally commit dev code.

 Magnus Hagander