Re: Discouraging new projects from pgFoundry

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Discouraging new projects from pgFoundry
Date: 2012-04-10 07:17:23
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 08:41, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 09.04.2012 21:23, Thom Brown wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's an extract from our docs: "If you have a PostgreSQL-related
>> open source project that you would like to have hosted at PgFoundry,
>> please feel free to create a new project there."
>>
>> Link: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/external-projects.html
>

> Yeah, that needs updating. But I'm not sure what to update it to. I also
> note that www.pgfoundry.org has no notice that we're planning to pull the
> plug on it.
>
> I've been thinking of migrating pldebugger out of pgfoundry, converting it
> to git, and modernizing it by packaging as an extension. What should I do? I
> can host the git repository at github or git.postgresql.org, but what's the
> best place to get a website, a wiki, and a mailing list these days?
> sourceforge?

If you need mailinglists, I think that's pretty much where you have to
go. github will give you everything except a mailinglist, and I
believe the same holds for bitbucket. I don't know of anybody other
than sourceforge that actually provide mailinglists.

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/