Re: improving speed of make check-world

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: improving speed of make check-world
Date: 2015-03-09 06:51:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 10:46 PM, Michael Paquier
> Speaking of which, attached is a patch rewritten in-line with those
> comments, simplifying a bit the whole at the same time. Note this
> patch changes ecpgcheck as it should be patched, but as ecpgcheck test
> is broken even on HEAD, I'll raise a separate thread about that with a
> proper fix (for example bowerbird skips this test).

Correction: HEAD is fine, but previous patch was broken because it
tried to use --top-builddir. Also for ecpgcheck it looks that tricking
PATH is needed to avoid dll loading errors related to libecpg.dll and
libecpg_compat.dll. Updated patch is attached.

Bonus track: pg_regress.c is missing the description of --bindir in help().
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
20150308_regress-temp-instance-msvc_v3.patch text/x-diff 5.2 KB