Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Julian Markwort <julian(dot)markwort(at)uni-muenster(dot)de>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, PostgreSQL mailing lists <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Valery Popov <v(dot)popov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: Password identifiers, protocol aging and SCRAM protocol
Date: 2017-01-23 03:56:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 2:46 PM, Michael Paquier
> FWIW, this patch is on a "waiting on author" state and that's right.
> As the discussion on SASLprepare() and the decisions regarding the way
> to implement it, or at least have it, are still pending, I am not
> planning to move on with any implementation until we have a plan about
> what to do. Just using libidn (LGPL) for a first shot is rather
> painless but... I am not alone here.

With decisions on this matter pending, I am marking this patch as
"returned with feedback". If there is a consensus on what to do, I'll
be happy to do the implementation with the last CF in March in sight.
If no, that would mean that this feature will not be part of PG 10.
--
Michael