The release of Postgres-XC 0.9.7 has been done in Source Forge and in GIT.
Postgres-XC GIT repository:
Source forge page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/postgres-xc/
The source tarball and manuals are available here:
Postgres-XC 0.9.7, based on PostgreSQL 9.1, contains a bunch of new
- SELECT INTO/CREATE TABLE AS
- INSERT SELECT complete support
- Node subsets and sub clusters (data of table distributed on a portion of
- Cluster node management with SQL and catalog extensions
- Dynamic reload of pool connection information
- Window functions
- DML remote planning (partial expression push-down)
- DEFAULT values (non-shippable expressions: volatile functions, etc.) =>
Use of DEFAULT nextval('seq') available.
- GTM Standby synchronous, asynchronous recovery
Compared to Postgres-XC 0.9.6, in 0.9.7 the cluster setting is mainly
SQL-based and does not use GUC params anymore. So be sure to read the
Install manual before creating a cluster.
HTML documentation and man pages are also incorporated in the downloadable
tarball, and the reference PDF document is built from the same SGML source.
The code is also available on GIT:
A new maintenance branch called XC0_9_7_PG9_1 only for 0.9.7.
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2012-01-23 07:12:57|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 22 2012 ==|
|Previous:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2012-01-16 05:46:06|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - January 15 2012 ==|