Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder

From: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Asif Naeem <anaeem(dot)it(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug fix or improvement?] Correctly place DLLs for ECPG apps in bin folder
Date: 2014-12-23 14:05:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 9:53 PM, MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> But the source tree contains as many as 206 Makefiles. I'm worried that it
> will waste the install time. Should all these Makefiles be examined, or 16
> Makefiles in src/interfaces/?
Not really. IMO the best solution is to extract the path of the
Makefile in the vcxproj file of the project in Install.pm by looking
at ModuleDefinitionFile or ResourceFile, and then to scan it for
SO_MAJOR_VERSION. This way it is possible to determine in
CopySolutionOutput where a library needs to be copied. I'd also rather
go with the def file, and not the rc file for the path identification.
--
Michael