EVENT Keyword and CREATE TABLE

From: Brian Weaver <cmdrclueless(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EVENT Keyword and CREATE TABLE
Date: 2012-09-26 21:56:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I think I just got bitten hard by a commit in mid July... git sha1 3855968.

In some of our old tables going back several years we a column named
'event' as in:

CREATE TABLE tblaudittrail (
id bigint NOT NULL,
siteid integer NOT NULL,
entrytype character varying(25),
form character varying(50),
recordid integer,
field character varying(25),
changedfrom character varying(500),
changedto character varying(500),
changedon timestamp with time zone,
changedby character varying(25),
event character varying(1000)
);

I was working off trunk and the database refuses to create this table
any longer. Is this by design or is it a regression bug?

Thanks

-- Brian
--

/* insert witty comment here */