Developing a searching engine

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Developing a searching engine
Date: 2011-11-04 19:09:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am developing a web application in which I want to include a search
engine but I would like to "recommend" possible situations. For example, if
a user wants to search for the name of an artist, lets say RINGO STAR, an
it is typed RYNGO ZTAR; I would like to suggest such a user that he/she
could have meant RINGO STAR.
I have read PostgreSQL documentation and I see the LIKE and SIMILAR
operators, can one of them serve my purpose or should I look for a special
algorithm?

I will appreciate any comment.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado