How to html-decode a html-encoded field

From: JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to html-decode a html-encoded field
Date: 2012-04-10 15:59:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a table with a varchar field, such a field is HTML ENCODED. So, for
example, the string "PLAIN WHITE T'S" is saved as "PLAIN WHITE
T&#39;&#39;S" (double quotes are not part of the string, I use them for
clarity only). I need to perform a SELECT statement on this table and get
the values HTML DECODED and I wonder if there is a function that I can
include in such a statement for this purpose, for example "SELECT
htmldecode(fld1) FROM table1". I will appreciate anu comments about my
issue.

Respectfully,
Jorge Maldonado