Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2

From: Culley Harrelson <harrelson(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bèrto ëd Sèra <berto(dot)d(dot)sera(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: duplicate key errors when restoring 8.4.0 database dump into 9.1.2
Date: 2011-12-30 16:51:17
Lists: pgsql-general

This is just the first of many duplicate key errors that cause primary key
creation statements to fail on other tables. I grepped for the key but it
is hard to tell where the problem is with 888 matches.

I will try pg_dump --inserts. It is a 17G file with copy statements so...
this should be interesting. And take a long time.