EDTERROR: invalid page header in block 3271 of relation base/16395/16426

From: John Ly <ivianatwork(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EDTERROR: invalid page header in block 3271 of relation base/16395/16426
Date: 2012-06-06 18:42:58
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

The following problem is on PostgreSQL 8.4.in Windows Server 2008

We use postgresql as our database and a system I am working on has the
following error in the Windows Event Viewer:
EDTERROR: invalid page header in block 3271 of relation base/16395/16426

My objectives are to find the cause of this and the solutions. And I have
the following questions:
1. Where are the postgresql logs? I am hoping to find which date the
corruption happened by reading through the log.
2. I did some research about this problem, and someone mentioned he used
pg_filedump and another tool (which I don't know the name) to 0 out the
corrupted data. Can someone point out where the compiled version (.exe) of
pg_filedump is? and what tools should I use to zero out the corrupted data?

Thank you,
AL

pgsql-novice by date