Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Map basebackup tablespaces using a tablespace_map file
Date: 2015-08-04 03:15:11
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks! Pushed.

Thanks to you as well for committing the patch.

> BTW, while reading the code related to tablespace_map, I found that
> CancelBackup() emits the WARNING message "online backup mode was not
canceled"
> when rename() fails. Isn't this confusing (or incorrect)?

Yes, it looks confusing.

> ISTM that we can
> see that the online backup mode has already been canceled if backup_label
file
> is successfully removed whether tablespace_map file remains or not. No?

I think what we should do is that display successful cancellation message
only when both the files are renamed. I have drafted a patch (still I needs
to verify/test it, I will do that if you think the fix is in right
direction) to show
what I have in mind.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_rename_backup_and_mapfile_cancel_v1.patch application/octet-stream 2.3 KB