Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dilip kumar <dilip(dot)kumar(at)huawei(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces
Date: 2014-08-20 14:19:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Dilip kumar <dilip(dot)kumar(at)huawei(dot)com>
wrote:

> I have reviewed the patch and did not find any major comments.

Thanks for the review.

> There are some comments I would like to share with you
>

> 1. Rebase the patch to current GIT head.

Done.

> 2. + * Construct symlink file
>
> + */
>
> + initStringInfo(&symlinkfbuf);
>
> I think declaration and initialization of symlinkfbuf string
can be moved under #ifdef WIN32 compile time macro,

> for other platform it’s simply allocated and freed which can be avoided.

Agreed, I have changed the patch as per your suggestion.

> 3. + /*
>
> + * native windows utilites are not able
create symlinks while

> + * extracting files from tar.
>
> + */
>

> Rephrase the above sentence and fix spelling mistake
(utilities are not able to create)

Done.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
extend_basebackup_to_include_symlink_v2.patch application/octet-stream 29.3 KB