Re: Specifying Host With psycopg2

From: wes <pdxpug(at)the-wes(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Specifying Host With psycopg2
Date: 2011-10-21 15:10:55
Lists: pdxpug

Interesting that your email has a date of 7 days ago, but only showed up
now. Maybe you got moderated?

Since this can be different from user to user, you should take the easy way
out and make the hostname configurable by the end-user. Something like a
configuration file with hostname, username, password, and perhaps database
name.

If you hard-code any of these things, you are asking for trouble.

-wes