Re: BUG #6535: LEFT JOIN on large table is altering data

From: Aren Cambre <aren(at)arencambre(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6535: LEFT JOIN on large table is altering data
Date: 2012-03-19 02:39:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thanks. I am running this on 1 year old hardware on a wholly-encrypted C
drive, encrypted with TrueCrypt. I suspect that I would have been alerted
already with that or SMART if I had hardware issues?

I am on 9.1.3, although I think the data was inserted back when I was
running 9.0.x. I upgraded to 9.1 almost as soon as it came out, doing the
requisite dumps and reloads. I have also reindexed a couple of times as
diagnostic steps.

So far, looks like only that one row has data corruption.

Aren