LIST OWNED BY...

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: LIST OWNED BY...
Date: 2012-02-29 16:46:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

If someone wants to drop objects owned by a particular role, they'll
use DROP OWNED BY role.  However, the implications of this statement
aren't easily known, and once you've run it, it's not communicated
which objects were dropped.

So could we introduce either a command to show which objects are owned
by a particular role, or allow a dry-run of DROP OWNED BY?  Also when
DROP OWNED BY has been executed, shouldn't we get feedback about what
it did?  At the moment the only feedback provided is what objects the
statement cascaded to.

--
Thom