Re: pgsql: Make each pg_stat_ view into it's own table in the documentation

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Make each pg_stat_ view into it's own table in the documentation
Date: 2012-02-27 10:14:17
Lists: pgsql-committers

On 25 February 2012 15:20, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> wrote:
> On 25 February 2012 14:33, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
>> Make each pg_stat_ view into it's own table in the documentation
>>
>> This makes it easier to match a column name with the description of it,
>> and makes it possible to add more detailed documentation in the future.
>>
>> This patch does not add that extra documentation at this point, only
>> the structure required for it.
>>
>> Modeled on the changes already done to pg_stat_activity.
>
> Some corrections in the attached patch:
>
> s/database wide/database-wide/
>
> (several occurrences throughout)
>
> "The number of transactions in this database that has committed"
> should be:
> "The number of transactions in this database that have been committed"
>
> "The number of transactions in this database that has rolled back"
> should be:
> "The number of transactions in this database that have been rolled back"
>
> "The remote TCP port that the client is using for communication+ to
> the , or <symbol>NULL</> if a unix socket is used."
> (space before comma needs removing)
>
> "The OID of the table this row"
> should be:
> "The OID of the table"
>
> Changing all instances of "The oid" to "The OID" for consistency.

I've noticed I made a blind correction. I only observed the space
before the comma, whereas what I should have paid attention to
was the actual sentence:

"The remote TCP port that the client is using for communication to
the, or NULL if a unix socket is used."
should probably be:
"The remote TCP port that the client is using for communication, or
NULL if a unix socket is used."

--
Thom