Re: Joomla to support Postgres

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joomla to support Postgres
Date: 2011-12-08 17:10:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On 8 December 2011 16:50, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> yaaaay!  Good work, Gabriele P.!

About time!  I adapted Joomla a couple years ago so that it worked
fully in Postgres since there were many requests in the Joomla
community for such support.  The Joomla devs asked me to create a
driver for them as a result, so I developed and contributed back the
driver and necessary installation scripts, but their response was
strangely to ignore it completely and instead add support for Oracle
and SQL Server. :/  And even though the database driver system has
been overhauled since I wrote my patch, the driver for the new
architecture looks like it's originally derived from my own.

But that's by the by.  However support gets in, it's all good. :)