Re: Link to PAM pages broken

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Link to PAM pages broken
Date: 2011-10-29 01:04:11
Lists: pgsql-docs
On 28 October 2011 23:29, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>>> No response from kernel.org and the link still doesn't work, so we
>>> still have 2 broken links.
>
> Is it unreasonable to assume that kernel.org will come back before any
> doc change would have wide distribution?  AFAIK they're just cleaning up
> from an intrusion, they have not shut down permanently.

I had considered that, but then I haven't seen any progress.  The site
has been back up for a while, but there doesn't seem to have been much
advancement in restoring the documentation in question.  I also
haven't had any feedback from kernel.org with regards to any plan to
restore these docs.  I guess this can be revisited in the new year to
see if the situation has changed.

But as for the sun.com links, I don't see those coming back at all.
Those have either been relocated to a secret uncrawlable location, or
it's been deleted.  They did exist at least until June this year
(http://web.archive.org/web/20110604010813/http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/pam/)
but have since been purged for some unknown reason.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company