Re: Win32 libpq : Static Link ?

From: Oliver D(dot) <oliver(at)inadd(dot)com>
To: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 libpq : Static Link ?
Date: 2004-10-04 08:02:52
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Le 4 oct. 04, à 08:22, Brett Schwarz a écrit :

> I was able to link statically, but I have not tried
> VC7. I heard that VC7 enforces that you distribute the
> RT DLL with the app. Are you having troubles running
> the app on the machine you compiled on, or another
> machine? If the latter, then I believe you need to
> copy over msvcr70.dll as well.

I have troubles running the app on the machine I compiled
on an, of course other machines.

> For VC6, these are the libs I had to link in to get it
> working (in addition to the standard ones):
>
> libpq.lib wsock32.lib MSVCRT.lib

I have the same dependencies...

> I'm not even close to being a Win guru, so I am not
> sure if this makes sense...I basically got it working
> by trial and error :)

That what I did, but I'm getting tired trying everything that comes in
my mind: I'm a bit reassure that you've been able to link statically:
it means that the libpq.lib is OK and the issue comes probably from
my VC++ 7 project.

Basically, I've linked against libpq.lib normally. Bit my application
still
asks for "libpq.dll" (exactly). And I suspect the compiled .exe not
include
libpq since it is strangely light comparing my MacOS exe.

Thanks

Stéphane