Check for corruptions

From: "Marc Mamin" <M(dot)Mamin(at)intershop(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Check for corruptions
Date: 2008-06-05 11:50:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

We have an issue with a database on IP SAN disks (Solaris x64), where
some tables and indexes got corrupted, apparently in correlation with
the use of forcedirectio in the nfs for data and indexes:

ERROR: unexpected data beyond EOF in block ...
HINT: This has been seen to occur with buggy kernels; consider
updating your system.

Now I'm interested in a way to get the list of all corrupted objects.
The only way I know is to check the errors of pg_dump or vacuum.
Is there a faster way, something like "vacuum check_only" ?

Thanks,

Marc Mamin