Re: SQL Performance Guidelines

From: Dustin Sallings <dustin(at)spy(dot)net>
To: "Van Ingen, Lane" <lvaningen(at)ESNCC(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL Performance Guidelines
Date: 2005-01-27 08:02:29
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Jan 26, 2005, at 10:27, Van Ingen, Lane wrote:

> Clarification: I am talking about SQL coding practices in Postgres
> (how to write queries for best
> results), not  tuning-related considerations (although that would be
> welcomed too).

	Your question is a bit too vague.  At this point in your development,
all that really can be said is to understand relational database
concepts in general, and use explain a lot when developing queries.
(Oh, and don't forget to analyze before asking specific questions).

SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin(at)spy(dot)net>