Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor

From: Adam Scott <adam(dot)c(dot)scott(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor
Date: 2012-08-07 02:30:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
MySQL Workbench has a similar feature.

This does pose an exposure to save sensitive information without the user
knowing. How to solve this?  A complicated development path:  encrypt saved
document.   Of course any of the files the user saves should be privileged
to that user (not group).  So another method may be just to make sure the
file's privileges are for the user only.

Adam

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Vinicius Santos <
vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I started to implement the feature "autosave" present in many text editors.
>
> I would like to listen your opnions about this feature.
>
> I put a option "Minutes to save the document automatically" in the
> frmOptions.
>
> What do you think?

pgadmin-hackers by date

Subject: pgAdmin III commit: Make style run.