Re: ZPsycopgDA Isolation Levels Bug

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Lex Berezhny <eukreign(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ZPsycopgDA Isolation Levels Bug
Date: 2011-08-10 10:04:06
Lists: psycopg

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Lex Berezhny <eukreign(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> We have a pretty large Zope application that completely stopped
> working (no transactions were being commited) after upgrading from
> psycopg 2.4.1 to 2.4.2.

Well, this was not supposed to happen! The semantics regarding the
isolation level was not supposed to change in the refactoring released
in 2.4.2.

If you could investigate a little more in what changed between the
releases, in terms of communication between the application and the
database, it would be great. It may be helpful to bump up the level in
the database log (log_statement = 'all' in postgres.conf) to see the
sequence of commands received.

Thank you very much.

-- Daniele